This policy is valid from 25th May 2012
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation – because you know I need the money for coffee and the odd new pair of Converse and to pay for the server it’s on. There is the odd affiliate link from which I’ll make about 4-10% on sale if you are nice enough to buy something, and I’ll mark any of these as so you know where they are.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content on the side bar with the odd advertisement and these are generally marked ‘Paying the Bills’ or ‘Sponsored’ or ‘Advert’.
I will occasionally get freebies or go to an event and I will write about them on the blog.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Sadly not the yummy kind but the computer kind – I’d far rather the yummy kind!.
To make this site simpler, small data files are placed on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given (eg your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
There are also cookies that store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, the CMS running this website, and whether you have logged into WordPress.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest. If you want to prevent sites setting third party cookies, instructions to do so are here.
And now I need a real cookie!
We may use your personal information to:
1. administer the website;
2. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
3. enable your use of the services available on the website – like commenting;
4. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested – the email newsletter.
5. provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
6. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
7. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
So basically if you leave your email address here with a comment I won’t give it to anyone else. If you leave me a direct message and I need to reply to you, I’ll email you via the address you’ve left. But that’s about the amount of use.
I love comments on here so I’d love to hear from you but –
If you are rude, abusive, racist, sexist or spam I’ll delete you – that’s pretty much it!
Ok bored with policies now