Autumn Nesting

September 19, 2013 · 6 comments

The temperature here has dropped like a stone, it’s suddenly Autumn and I’m quickly getting into hibernation mode!  Now as my husband is insisting on being ‘thrifty’ no heating is going on here until at least late October – grrr!.  So I’m living in my new £8 Fleece from Sainsbury’s. I have to say I think it’s my favourite new piece of clothing – I’m so old!

I’ve also been getting out all the blankets, and nesting the place for winter. I popped to The Range and bought a couple more throw pillows (tartan!) and I treated myself in the sale to a new giant cotton/wool blanket for the lounge to snuggle under with the dog when I’m working. It’s so snuggly!

photo (11)

What are you all doing to snuggle up for autumn?

Marianne September 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I hate having to turn on the heat so early, but I also hate the cold. ! It was 16,5 degrees on our bathroom this week, so I started the (under) floor heating. That feels much better!

Liz September 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh underfloor heating would be fantastic, heavenly warm feet! :)
Liz´s last Post ..Autumn NestingMy Profile

Lisa September 19, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I’m trying not to switch the heating on till the 1st of October but this sudden reduction in temperature is certainly doing its best to change my mind!

Slanket on standby :)
Lisa´s last Post ..Tasty Thursday: National Cupcake WeekMy Profile

Liz September 20, 2013 at 8:04 am

So chilly isn’t it? I must admit I sneaked it on last night for a couple of hours and de frosted my feet :)
Liz´s last Post ..{Mini Review} Getting your Instagram photos off the screenMy Profile

Kate @craftsonsea September 20, 2013 at 6:53 pm

The heating is on on on at ours!! Love the cushion, I’m hoping to make some in the next week or so, its the nesting time of year :)
Kate @craftsonsea´s last Post ..Happy beginners embroideryMy Profile

Angela September 26, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I’ve found myself unearthing cardigans from the wardrobe and wrapping up in them instead of putting the heating on. I run so much colder than the rest of the family, so while they’re quite happy I’m often shivering. I’ve given up on trying to persuade them that it’s absolutely Baltic and just layered right up.

I’m trying to figure out how best to clean my favourite blanket. A small child, who shall remain nameless, shoved it down the side of the spare sofa and left it to get dusty on the floor. I suppose all the sneezing it now causes will keep me extra-warm!!
Angela´s last Post ..Do you like where you live?My Profile