Summer Holidays are on the way

June 25, 2013 · 15 comments

Oh my word! I’ve just realised Miss L breaks up from school Friday next. So I need some ideas of how to fill the following 8 weeks. So far I’ve come up with:

Decoupaching a chair like this (as spotted at our local Picture House cinema)

20130625-153433.jpg

Swimming
Learning Horse Riding
Trips to the North Norfolk Beaches
Rummaging in the local charity shops for project ideas.
Painting landscapes
Going to see Joss Wheldon’s ‘Much Ado about Nothing’ – yeah that one is for me!!
Despicable Me 2
Maybe a trip to London to see a Gallery or Museum – depending on train fair deals.
Would love to go back to Kentwell Hall and see the Tudors again.

What have you all go planned for the holidays? Have you got any great ideas for us to do? We would love to hear your plans!

LJayne June 25, 2013 at 6:08 pm

We’re going to do as little as possible! We need some serious chill time, this term has been manic!

Liz June 26, 2013 at 7:42 am

That sounds good to me, we will be doing a LOT of sleeping. We’re all exhausted x
Liz´s last Post ..Summer Holidays are on the wayMy Profile

Jean June 25, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Wow, that’s an early summer break – we’ve still got another 3.5 weeks to go!

Liz June 26, 2013 at 7:43 am

Yeah the 5th July is early also it’s a bit odd when there aren’t any other kids about. Poor L thinks that people will think she’s bunking off school. She makes me carry the school diary around as proof.
Liz´s last Post ..Summer Holidays are on the wayMy Profile

Maria @ Feisty Tapas June 25, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I now so want one of those chairs! Did you know that there is a deal whereby a season train ticket holder pays something like a pound and you (and I think another person, possibly a child) always gets 1/3 off when travelling together? We were given the leaflet when husband bought his latest season ticket last month. I am guessing your husband has a season ticket too.

I’d say Hampton Court or any of the Historic Royal Palaces, Hampton Court is fantastic. I need to go to Kentwell.

We loved Oxburgh Hall, Wicken Fen, Anglesey Abbey (all great for picnics). Can you tell we have gone all middle aged and bought National Trust membership?

Fish and chips on the beach in Aldeburgh, a walk (and an Adnams) round Southwold, a crab by the sea in either Cromer or Sheringham, buying Samphire along the way.

I need to have more free time, don’t I???
Maria @ Feisty Tapas´s last Post ..St John’s night / La noche de San JuanMy Profile

Liz June 26, 2013 at 7:47 am

OH doesn’t get a season ticket, just a monthly as he’s contracting. But I’ll have to looking to the Friends and Family railcard you can get, I think there is a similar deal.

I LOVE Hampton Court, not taken L there yet – so have just added that to the list.

All the other’s are favourites of ours too, so lovely! Have you been to Audley End house yet – that’s really nice too as is Ickworth over at Bury St Edmunds – they have a spa and creche :) xx
Liz´s last Post ..Summer Holidays are on the wayMy Profile

Maria @ Feisty Tapas June 26, 2013 at 8:09 pm

We haven’t been to Audley End yet because of the price and not being sure how well T will do there but we love Saffron Walden so any excuse to go there is well received. I need to go to Ickworth at some point but I just have too much work all the time at the moment so it will have to be on a weekend

Liz June 27, 2013 at 6:48 am

You’ll love Ickworth Maria, they have a lovely walled garden kids can play in while you eat a cream tea and supervise. It’s very civilised :)
Liz´s last Post ..Summer Holidays are on the wayMy Profile

LJayne June 26, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Let us know if you go to Hampton Court, it is doable for us and the kids loved it last time I took them. Would be lovely to see you after so long.

Liz June 27, 2013 at 6:49 am

I will! It’ll probably be in August, I’m hoping that we can train into London and then get the boat down from London. I don’t fancy driving all that way. I’ll give you a shout, it’d be so lovely to see you all x
Liz´s last Post ..Summer Holidays are on the wayMy Profile

Mum in Meltdown June 27, 2013 at 11:40 am

A great but manageable list! I love those chairs btw- amazing. I need to get my list sorted although my boys don’t finish until mid July- def camping, but need ideas as they are 12 and 15 now :)
Mum in Meltdown´s last Post ..Do you DIY?My Profile

Liz June 27, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Yeah camping would be amazing! I dread the early teens I’ll have no idea what to do with her! :)
Liz´s last Post ..Curtain HackMy Profile

Louise June 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Sounds like a great list, esp the Norfolk beaches. We are hoping to make it to Norfolk for some camping over the summer. We want to try out Bewilderwood – have you been there? It sounds like lots of fun. Love your chairs. xx
Louise´s last Post ..Silent Sunday 30/06/13My Profile

Liz July 1, 2013 at 10:05 am

Bewilderwood looks awesome, we’ve tried to go the last 3 years and everytime it’s rained so we’ve not gone. Hoping for better weather this year! :)

laura July 13, 2013 at 11:32 am

oh my word that chair is stunning! Good luck keeping the kiddies busy – I find it hard enough keeping myself outta trouble lol