Sofas are on their way..

September 26, 2012 · 8 comments

After many arguments conversations and flitting between companies, styles and colours we have finally ordered our new sofas – hurray!

Actually we had to order them after I flopped down on the couch and the last of the springs completely went. All that is currently keeping our butts of the floor is the cushions.

So we’ve gone Ikea (cheap and a quickish delivery time) and not the Ektorp, apparently it looked too much like what we have at the moment. Mr VP’s logic is that Miss L is bigger now and so’s Betty so I shouldn’t need to wash the covers as much anymore…mmmkay….so we can have a more ‘grown up’ sofa in a dry cleanable material.  He’s kind of right in that I can’t remember the last time Miss L spilled anything on the sofa, but I know I chucked coffee over it a couple of weeks back!

Anyway the deed is done and we’ve gone for ….The Kivik

In a dark grey – well that one above actually. We’ve ordered a foot stool too so it ends up more like a chaise.  Also the foot stool has storage so I can chuck all my magazines in it.

It comes in mid October and I cannot wait! The only problem is nothing else in the room goes with it, not the throw cushions,  the rug or the main light shade but at least the cream walls should so I don’t have to redecorate thank goodness!.

Now what goes with dark grey??

Knitty Mummy September 26, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Next have got some nice black and grey cushions at the mo, I rather like the penny black stamp one myself http://classic.next.co.uk/homeware/cushions/3
Knitty Mummy´s last Post ..Little Monster Lemon-Drizzle-Fizzle CakeMy Profile

Rachel September 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Purple goes with dark grey! A deep, blue-toned purple. Along with some damask, some pale grey, and some pale gold.
But I am bias-ed, since purple and gold is a colour scheme that I seem to be a bit obsessed with.
Lovely sofa btw. Am very jealous. Our two sofas are both totally filthy and likely to stay that way for a while yet…

Crystal Jigsaw September 26, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Very nice! You’ll just have to buy a new throw or decorate – there’s nothing else for it!!

CJ x
Crystal Jigsaw´s last Post ..Valued Blogging – Part 2; The AnswersMy Profile

notsupermum September 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Red, purple, green, lots of colours go with dark grey. It’ll be easier to match with it when it’s actually in the room. I bought a small sofa from Ikea to go in the family room, but didn’t expect it to arrive in pieces. It was easy enough to assemble, but I just expected it to arrive in one piece! Be prepared.
notsupermum´s last Post ..Why the car is the new kitchen tableMy Profile

Patricia September 27, 2012 at 1:54 am

I support the purple theory…dark crimson/maroon would look lovely along with the purple…and then when you want to “lighten up” in the spring you can go with light grey and soft lavender…even a mint green item or two…but soft mint green not sharp….the dark grey is really just a total neutral, honestly…

Scott September 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm

At least you didnt go with made.com… Many their sofas are uncomfortable! (even if they do look good!)

Scott

Marianne September 29, 2012 at 5:20 am

We’ve had a dark grey sofa. It was 18 years old when we got rid of it and I still wasn’t tired of it, it need replacing. It is a neutral color, I can’t think of a color that doesn’t go with it.
Marianne´s last Post ..{the end, or….}My Profile

mum of all trades October 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I love this. Very classic looking. I think perhaps cushions in multicoloured retro print fabric would be nice with that, Orla Keily type stuff. But you will find with grey, lots of colours will work well with it.
mum of all trades´s last Post ..Season of Mists and Mellow FruitfulnessMy Profile