I love making these little flower buckets. They are a nice little thing to make for either a ‘thankyou’ present, to leave scattered about the house or for on a Christmas table. They only take about 10 minutes to make and really simple but look good.
I’ve bought some inexpensive buckets to make them with this year (£2.80 in Hobbycraft) but you could easily do them in terracotta pots or in a mug – anything you can use as a container really.
You don’t need that many flowers just some with stout steams, I’ve used 7 red roses in this one. Check out your local market, which will often stock interesting colours and if their anything like mine really cheap – a bunch of roses at mine is £1.50. If you don’t have a market a bunch from your local supermarket will do.
Check out your garden, if you’re lucky enough to have some Holly and other greenery out there use that to fill in any gaps or maybe cinnamon sticks to make it smell extra festive.
What you need:
Flower Foam (Wilkinsons, Hobby Craft and Supermarkets now stock it)
Extras like ribbon, cinnamon sticks or maybe diamonte’s or pine cones on sticks?
How to make
1. Soak the Floral foam for a few minutes in some water and then pop in the container.
2. Trim the steams of the flowers to a bit shorter than the container, for the mini buckets I did them to 5 inches.
3. Fill the container with flowers, do it so you’re happy with it. Easiest way is to get the heads so they are level with the top of the container.
4. Either leave it as is, or add some cinnamon sticks, diamonte’s or pine cones on sticks in with the flowers, ribbon around the bucket.
5. Pop in a small box with some tissue paper give as a gift.