I was tagged by the lovely Rachel over at Tales from the Village – as Inspired by the Q&A in The Guardian –
Which living person do you most admire, and why?
– Sounds trite but my Mum. She is the most amazing woman, young mother, early feminist, working mum and would do anything for anyone. She can cook like a chef and has the most amazing ability to make a garden out of literally nothing. She’s amazing.
When were you happiest?
– I’m pretty happy now, but probably most happiest were my months living on my own in Vancouver , having lots of fabulous adventures.
What was your most embarrassing moment?
– A Greek Holiday with friends, I had to show my ass to a whole chemists shop after I’d sat on some sea urchin things. *the shame*
Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
– MX5 Sports car which I kept for a summer and sold because it was awful in the rain. I still miss it!
What is your most treasured possession?
– My engagement ring, it was bought for me in Brighton and 10 years later I still adore it.
Where would you like to live?
– Vancouver, the Rockies, Prince Edward Island – anywhere in Canada!
What’s your favourite smell?
Who would play you in the film of your life?
– Gotta be Tina Fey!
What is your favourite book?
– I have so many…..I can’t choose!
What is your most unappealing habit?
– My complete inability to deal with the post – there are piles of paperwork everywhere.
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
– Edwardian, I have the figure for it – I missed my fashion decade!
What is your earliest memory?
– Sitting up in a big old pram, surrounded by tall white buildings.
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
– Violet Creams – they are the best chocolates ever!.
What do you owe your parents?
– Everything, they are bloody awesome.
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
– To my friend Philippa. I never said sorry to her for arguing with some moron at her her 21st birthday party, or to tell her to have a great holiday. I thought I’d say sorry when she came back but she never did, she and her boyfriend died there. 18 years later it’s the only thing in my life I really regret.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
– Paul and Miss L no question.
What does love feel like?
– Warm and easy. Not hard work at all.
What was the best kiss of your life?
– My wonderful husband – but I’m note telling when, just to keep him guessing 😉
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
– ‘Don’t run’, ‘mind that’ ‘do you need the loo?’
What is the worst job you’ve done?
– Serving food at the Phillips Canteen in Redhill when I graduated Uni, I burnt the crap out of my hands everyday. Be nice to people who serve food – hardest job ever!
If you could edit your past, what would you change?
– Nothing – it all happened for a reason.
What is the closest you’ve come to death?
– Childbirth, no question if they’d left me another hour I’d have been dead.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– Miss L she is amazing.
When did you last cry, and why?
– At Dr Who when David Tenant left on a re-run last week. I cry at pretty much anything on TV!
How do you relax?
– Surfing the web, hot baths, wine.
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
– Somewhere indoors for the washing machine and tumble dryer.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
– You can’t change people, they have to want to change themselves.
I’m not going to tag anyone – you are all invited to take part! Just let me know so I can come and read – thanks x