How to make Pimms

May 7, 2010 · 23 comments

Here’s how to make Pimms is my favourite summer drink, and I have to say I make an absolutely cracking one!. It’s really easy to make for a BBQ or a summer dinner party here’s my version

You will need:

A large jug

Ice

A bottle of Pimms

White Lemonade (the clear stuff)

Strawberries – sliced

Raspberries

Mint

Cucumber – sliced.

Tall Glasses

• Half fill the jug with ice and put the Pimms in – about 3 -4 inches worth.
  • Pop in the sliced cucumber, strawberries, raspberries, and mint.
  • Add the Lemonade to the top of the jug and mix everything together with a spoon.
  • Have a quick taste and add more Pimms if needed.
  • Serve in your chilled glasses make sure there is fruit and ice in each one add some straws and Enjoy!
  • If you have time before your gathering, a nice idea is to put the Pimms in the jug along with the fruit and leave it to soak in the fridge for about an hour, then add the ice and lemonade just before serving.  It adds extra taste to the drink but I never remember to do it!

If you’d like to know more about the drinks’ history and some more ways of making it click here

apieceofwood June 29, 2009 at 11:25 am

Great – thanks for posting this – must give it a go!

PS~Erin June 29, 2009 at 11:49 am

Yum! Okay, now what is Pimm’s? I’ve not heard of it before.

PS~Erin’s last blog post..Monday Meal Planning: My NEW Planner!

Liz June 29, 2009 at 12:53 pm

APW – It really is refreshing, with the mint and cucumber :)

Erin – I guess it’s really a cocktail, so it’s gin based with some other goodies in it. But it’s very refreshing and tasty on a summer’s evening :)

Amanda June 29, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Hmm, my Pimms seems to be a lot more alcoholic than yours (I have a habit of mixing half and half!!)

Amanda’s last blog post..Bucket Tree

Liz June 29, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Amanda – Nothing wrong with half and half! That’s how my Mum makes it ;)

Luphia June 29, 2009 at 9:06 pm

this will certainlly be very useful!! :D

Luphia’s last blog post..Just Peachy

callie grayson June 30, 2009 at 1:53 am

mmm, i miss pimms. Thanks for your recipe, will have to try and make some this weekend. If i can find the pimms here. (darn, should have brought back a bottle last time i was in london!!)

callie grayson’s last blog post..DESIGNER: Katie; Sutton Place

The Summer Kitchen Girls June 30, 2009 at 4:06 am

Looks tastey!

The Summer Kitchen Girls’s last blog post..Here Comes the Sun….{sort of}

Caroline June 30, 2009 at 11:16 am

I’m with you all the way …. until the raspberries. No raspberries in mine, slice of lemon instead. Yummy – could just drink one now!

Caroline’s last blog post..Round Up of Recycle Week

Anne aka mum-e June 30, 2009 at 11:23 am

I love Pimms in the sunshine. Have you tried a Pimms Royale? That’s when you swap the lemonade for champagne (or in my case cava). It is fantastic…hic. x

Anne aka mum-e’s last blog post..Falling out of love

Liz June 30, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Tina – Enjoy sweetie!

Callie – apparently you can now get it in some liqour stores in the US, so see if you can score some – maybe they can order it in?

Kitchen Girl – give it a try, trust me you’ll love it as much as we all do :)

Caroline – Lemon – nice! I like it with lemons, oranges and mint that works really well too.

Anne – No I haven’t, it sounds gorgeous but I might be sloshed in a short time. But I’ll give it a go this summer :)

Jenna @ Newlyweds June 30, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Oh this sounds super delicious, but what does pimms tast like exactly? Is it a wine or champagne?

Liz June 30, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Umm it taste more like Gin and Lemonade with a herby extra ingredient. It’s a spirt rather than a wine, very hard to describe – anyone else have a better description??

callie grayson July 7, 2009 at 12:26 am

yeah, i went by the liquor warehouse in the next town and that have it!! also, I bought a nice bottle of scotch… couldn’t resist!!
So I will be making your Pimms recipe this weekend!!
I am so excited:)

callie grayson’s last blog post..DESIGN: Entry, please come on in…..

laura @ the shore house July 9, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I love a Pimm’s Cup!! I fell in love on a trip to London. It’s so rare to see in the U.S. … but at my favorite bar in New Orleans — the Napoleon House — it’s the house specialty. Almost worth the trip right there.

laura @ the shore house’s last blog post..A kazoo is not a toy.

sgillers May 7, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I prefer it with soda as its not so sweet, or ive also had it with ginger ale which is also fantastic! My fav. summertime drink is a sangria – yummy. OH makes a fantastic one – i think its the dash of brandy that helps!!

Liz May 7, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Ooo recipe please Mrs! Want to do a guest post? x

Patricia May 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm

WAAAH!!! I no haz pimms here!!! :( :( :(

A Modern Mother May 11, 2010 at 6:18 am

Love it. Am going to send this to my American friends.

It’s always so relaxing coming here, and the view is great.

callie grayson May 12, 2010 at 1:54 am

I am so glad you posted this!! i was thinking of you the other day when I was working on my out line for guest blogging over at Le Papier…. you and pimms will be in a post very soon my friend!
So happy it is summer, perfect time for a pimms cup!
xx
callie

Liz May 12, 2010 at 12:32 pm

LOL! I’m glad to have gotten you into Pimms ;)