How to make Pimms

Here’s how to make Pimms is my favourite summer drink, and I have to say I make an absolutely cracking one!. It’s really easy to make for a BBQ or a summer dinner party here’s my version

You will need:

A large jug

Ice

A bottle of Pimms

White Lemonade (the clear stuff)

Strawberries – sliced

Raspberries

Mint

Cucumber – sliced.

Tall Glasses

• Half fill the jug with ice and put the Pimms in – about 3 -4 inches worth.
  • Pop in the sliced cucumber, strawberries, raspberries, and mint.
  • Add the Lemonade to the top of the jug and mix everything together with a spoon.
  • Have a quick taste and add more Pimms if needed.
  • Serve in your chilled glasses make sure there is fruit and ice in each one add some straws and Enjoy!
  • If you have time before your gathering, a nice idea is to put the Pimms in the jug along with the fruit and leave it to soak in the fridge for about an hour, then add the ice and lemonade just before serving.¬† It adds extra taste to the drink but I never remember to do it!

If you’d like to know more about the drinks’ history and some more ways of making it click here

21 Comments

1. Great – thanks for posting this – must give it a go!

2. Yum! Okay, now what is Pimm’s? I’ve not heard of it before.

PS~Erin’s last blog post..Monday Meal Planning: My NEW Planner!

3. APW – It really is refreshing, with the mint and cucumber :)

Erin – I guess it’s really a cocktail, so it’s gin based with some other goodies in it. But it’s very refreshing and tasty on a summer’s evening :)

4. Hmm, my Pimms seems to be a lot more alcoholic than yours (I have a habit of mixing half and half!!)

Amanda’s last blog post..Bucket Tree

• Amanda – Nothing wrong with half and half! That’s how my Mum makes it ;)

5. this will certainlly be very useful!! :D

Luphia’s last blog post..Just Peachy

6. mmm, i miss pimms. Thanks for your recipe, will have to try and make some this weekend. If i can find the pimms here. (darn, should have brought back a bottle last time i was in london!!)

callie grayson’s last blog post..DESIGNER: Katie; Sutton Place

7. I’m with you all the way …. until the raspberries. No raspberries in mine, slice of lemon instead. Yummy – could just drink one now!

Caroline’s last blog post..Round Up of Recycle Week

8. I love Pimms in the sunshine. Have you tried a Pimms Royale? That’s when you swap the lemonade for champagne (or in my case cava). It is fantastic…hic. x

Anne aka mum-e’s last blog post..Falling out of love

9. Tina – Enjoy sweetie!

Callie – apparently you can now get it in some liqour stores in the US, so see if you can score some – maybe they can order it in?

Kitchen Girl – give it a try, trust me you’ll love it as much as we all do :)

Caroline – Lemon – nice! I like it with lemons, oranges and mint that works really well too.

Anne – No I haven’t, it sounds gorgeous but I might be sloshed in a short time. But I’ll give it a go this summer :)

10. Oh this sounds super delicious, but what does pimms tast like exactly? Is it a wine or champagne?

• Umm it taste more like Gin and Lemonade with a herby extra ingredient. It’s a spirt rather than a wine, very hard to describe – anyone else have a better description??

11. yeah, i went by the liquor warehouse in the next town and that have it!! also, I bought a nice bottle of scotch… couldn’t resist!!
    So I will be making your Pimms recipe this weekend!!
    I am so excited:)

callie grayson’s last blog post..DESIGN: Entry, please come on in…..

12. I love a Pimm’s Cup!! I fell in love on a trip to London. It’s so rare to see in the U.S. … but at my favorite bar in New Orleans — the Napoleon House — it’s the house specialty. Almost worth the trip right there.

laura @ the shore house’s last blog post..A kazoo is not a toy.

13. I prefer it with soda as its not so sweet, or ive also had it with ginger ale which is also fantastic! My fav. summertime drink is a sangria – yummy. OH makes a fantastic one – i think its the dash of brandy that helps!!

• Ooo recipe please Mrs! Want to do a guest post? x

14. WAAAH!!! I no haz pimms here!!! :( :( :(

15. Love it. Am going to send this to my American friends.

It’s always so relaxing coming here, and the view is great.

16. I am so glad you posted this!! i was thinking of you the other day when I was working on my out line for guest blogging over at Le Papier…. you and pimms will be in a post very soon my friend!
    So happy it is summer, perfect time for a pimms cup!
    xx
    callie

• LOL! I’m glad to have gotten you into Pimms ;)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. uberVU - social comments - Social comments and analytics for this post... This post was mentioned on Twitter by violetposy: New Post: It's hot!! Here's …
  2. Tweets that mention Recycled Post* How to make Pimms (I'm feeling lazy after last night) -- Topsy.com - [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Liz Grayson. Liz Grayson said: *Recycled Post* How to make Pimms http://tinyurl.com/34v5vy5 …

Submit a Comment