I’m supposed to be cleaning and getting ready for my inlaws coming to lunch but I’m thinking about all the practicalities of moving to Canada. Here’s my list of things to think about so far:
1 Getting a job – doing that from a distance should be interesting. Also what’s with not putting what the blessed salary is on the job adverts? That’s just plain weird.
2. School – what are they like? Public or Independent? I can’t seem to find anything about the school system in Canada at a nitty gritty level. It’s not like the UK schools where there are test scores and people moaning in the press – so I take that as a positive??
3. Where to live? My heart say Vancouver by the beach, my head thinks Ontario/Novia Scotia for ease of getting back to the UK and cost of living.
4. Renting somewhere with the dog
5. Getting the dog to Canada in the first place. Finding somewhere reputable to ship her and an airline that is good to pets, I can’t bear the thought of her being upset by it, but I’m not leaving her here.
6. Shipping all our stuff – finding a company who takes good care of everything and doesn’t take forever to get it there
7 Getting the house here to rent or sell – that will involve putting in a new kitchen and bathroom ::SIGH::
If anyone has the answers to any of these questions or can give me something else to worry think and has done the big move between countries about I’d be eternally grateful.
Eeek better go and get dinner on x