This weekend we are going back to my hometown to visit friends who have recently had a baby girl and yes we have spoilt her rotten! 🙂
It seems a little odd still calling this place home as I’ve been up here 7 years now, but this is the view I dream of. Rolling hills, trees everywhere, so much green. My favourite thing in the world as a child was watching storms roll in across the valley. It’s hard to believe this is 9 miles from London!
But this valley is where I played when I was Miss L’s age, in a time when you’re parents didn’t notice if you were gone from dawn till dusk and you could make forts where you wanted. I’m so looking forward to taking Miss L there and showing her it.
I’m just sorry she’s doesn’t have the same freedom I did, the world isn’t such a kind place 30 years later.
The lovely RochelleRyan has tagged me to play this meme. I love these because you get to know the bloggers you enjoy better and you get to see new blogs that you wouldn’t know were about.
So here’s the rules
list six details about myself
tag six fellow bloggers
leave them a comment so they know they’ve been tagged.
Six details about myself:
1. My degree was a dual honours English and History BA, but I’ve always worked in IT! It looks very strange on my resume and I always get questions from potential employers as to why I did that degree. They seem to think it’s weird that I enjoyed the subject!
2. When I was 25 I moved to Canada for 6 months on my own, no friends or family there – just me trying to live completely on my own with no support network. I loved every minute and I had some great life experiences.
3. I can’t eat green vegetables, I love the smell but they make me vomit. Apparently even when I was a tiny baby that happened, my cousin and grandfather had the same problem – I come from an odd family :).
4. I moved 100 miles (a long way in the UK!) to live with my husband.
5. I adored Moonlighting when I was a kid and even now the odd ‘Great googly moogly’ drops into my conversation 🙂
6. I’m a jeans, t-shirts and trainers (sneekers) girl, I’ve tried dressing up and I just can’t do it on a daily basis. But it is starting to seem weird to me that I’m going to be 40 in 3 years and I’ll still be dressing like a teenage skater kid….there is probably something wrong with that but I can’t see it – LOL!
I’m tagging these wonderful blogs, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:
Wow it’s been a week since I last posted! My new job went well (thanks for the kind words of support!) and then it got to the weekend and Miss L and I both went down with winter vomiting virus. Honestly I think we both just curled up in a ball together and slept, it was horrible!! But we’re both better today thankfully and I’m about 7lbs lighter so it’s not all bad 🙂 .
So here is some quick Link Love of things I read when I was ill (bless my iPhone).
Also I watched the first episode of Fringe last night and it was really very good. I think that I’m still missing the X-Files so that may have had something to do with it, that and Joshua Jackson from Dawson’s Creek was in it! But I’m very much looking forward to watcing the rest of the series it looks like it could be interesting.