It’s lunchtime and I’m already missing Miss L! Still she’ll be home in a couple of hours 🙂
This morning went well, she was excited to be a ‘Year One’ and she was very sweet as she met a new girl and decided they should be friends as only a 5 year old can do. So she held the new girl’s hand and took her to her class room and made sure she was ok. I was so proud of her!
Last night I was surfing and I came across this advice on NetMums and I though it was good (I never have envelopes to hand when I need them!):
- Get a white board (or a piece of paper!) and write down the weekly timetable of all your childrens’ activities. Put it on the wall so that you can see at a glance what you need on each day.
- Create a folder for notes from school, newsletters, forms etc. Any forms that need action, make sure they’re at the front of the folder.
- Make a space for book bags.
- Designate a filing tray or folder for homework. One for each child if necessary. Keep the school folder in one of these.
- Make sure you have enough envelopes to return school notes for the whole year. Sounds silly, but it’s so irritating when you’re in a hurry and you’ve run out.
- Have a box for uniform at the end of each child’s bed. Makes finding everything much easier.
- As soon as children get home from school on Friday, put uniform in the wash. Iron on Saturday if you have to iron at all, to be ready and put out on Sunday night.